the texture below was from pressing a woven 'special' paper into the gelli plate.
You can always find more of my work here on pinterest.
The next thing i'd been meaning to try was cutting clear sticky plastic film, and using that as a mask..
I experimented with the negative and positive pieces, and layered these. I also cut pieces of card the shapes of the 'holes' to mask over the colour as i went.
I also hand carved a stamp and pressed this into the inked up plate, then also onto paper
Here's some results:
The above combines the plastic mask and the string, overlayered in several prints.
So that's some of what i've been up to. Plus the Biennale is on in Sydney - you may have seen some of my pics on instagram, I'm dudleyred.