Sunday, April 13, 2014

unveiling the mask with gelli printing

Ah yes, it's been a while. Got a little sidetracked with all that cutting and pasting in the world that is collage. BUT, had to wipe off the gelli plate and get back to it. First i wanted to try using string and embroidery thread as a free form mask. Here's some of what happened:





the texture below was from pressing a woven 'special' paper into the gelli plate.


You can always find more of my work here on pinterest.

The next thing i'd been meaning to try was cutting clear sticky plastic film, and using that as a mask..



I experimented with the negative and positive pieces, and layered these. I also cut pieces of card the shapes of the 'holes' to mask over the colour as i went.


I also hand carved a stamp and pressed this into the inked up plate, then also onto paper



Here's some results:




The above combines the plastic mask and the string, overlayered in several prints.
So that's some of what i've been up to. Plus the Biennale is on in Sydney - you may have seen some of my pics on instagram, I'm dudleyred.





2 comments:

Clear Marie said...

Hope you don't mind my popping in for a visit - I found your blog while googling 'gelli plates' as I'm wanting to get one .. Even more so now!!

These are absolutely gorgeous! I love your design & colour choices :)

Lubna said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love all your techniques. Very inspirational :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails