Sunday, April 13, 2014

Collage

A few weeks ago I started an online collage course with Randel Plowman.
I had come across his book - which had lots of great ideas and techniques, but was chuffed to discover that i could actually participate in a course with him.

We had a facebook group, were given a project each week
(with instructions including a video tutorial) and off we went. It was wonderful seeing the different interpretations and styles produced by the group...

The next course Randel offers kicks off April 26


Here's some of my pieces:












While the idea of fitting in something else (as well as the full time job and usual chores), can seem overwhelming. Being 'made' to do something each week certainly has its positives. Even though i have been absent from this space - i now have lots of new pieces of work to look back on and think about what direction i might like to work on ...
although i'm also wondering about the NEXT course i might do!


2 comments:

Clear Marie said...

Again I love your work! Sounds like a fun online course, but alas I don't have an inkjet printer :(

Adrienne * Tough City Writer said...

I've been thinking about taking his course as well, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I may just work through his book (which is great, as you say) one lesson at a time, but it's nice to be part of a class as well. And I am inspired to finally get going on gelli printing. I took an evening course, bought the plate, now I need to get it dirty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails