Sunday, February 24, 2013

stamp making

Recently i downloaded stamp making adventures from the Interweave website, put it on a flash drive - slotted it into the tv and hey presto! I figured that I would've easily paid that to attend a class and here i was in my lounge room at the time that suited me. One of the tools demonstrated was a wood burning one. I couldn't wait to try it out on a piece of thick foam.

I made some marks. Cut out my shapes and fine tuned the designs.


I pressed them into my inked up gelli plate

i then used them like a 'stamp' over the print too.



I had also played around with layering the gelli plate, hand carved rubber stamps and markers.


I really enjoyed using hand cut paper stencils and stamps - they looked photo worthy on their own!


Shame it's the end of the weekend i would've liked to experiment some more...


Even ripping up scraps and adding washi tape was looking appealing...
'til next time...










4 comments:

Kim Henkel said...

Oh what fun!! and what beautiful results... I love them all.

Jodi Colvard said...

Absolute genius! Love the look! The Gelli Plate is a new toy for me but is so much fun.

Becky said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. Did the woodburning tool work well? Were there other tools you would suggest? I'm ready to jump in.

Becky said...

I meant to say… I love these! And thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails