Sunday, November 28, 2010

Little projects...

Christmas decor. I am resisting dragging down the Christmas tree from the loft. I am collecting twigs. Meanwhile i wish that i could crochet some decorations.. sigh.. i have begun planning, well, thinking, about my own handmade approach to the festive hanging thing.

i found a hoop in my stash...

i began cutting and simply tying knots..


I really didn't know whether it was leaning towards something that may work , or may just fall short. I kept tying...

Shame it's only small - but i quite like it! Very Aussie and summery in it's tones. My tip is have some very fraying fabric and some light cotton mixed in. This one used 6-8 different fabrics. Keep pushing along the hoop so there are no gaps. Pull the ends backwards and forwards so they fall into the circle and out..Experiment with slightly different lengths. Fold the fabric over so you are cutting several shapes at once. Have some good tunes on nearby!

5 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

Looks damn fine too. Well done.

Miss Milla's said...

Wow, it looks great!!! I think I am a little inspired to try one of these too.
And if you want to crochet some decorations, I saw that Meet Me at Mikes had a tutorial on how to do it, and I think I might try that too.
Hope you have a happy christmas season.

kuber... said...

What a great idea - love your colour combinations. I'm feeling inspired to start Noel-ifying my place, now!

feedthedog said...

this is stunning tara.
simple idea pushed to the max.
love it.

Kylie said...

Great idea - it looks fabulous :)

K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails