Sunday, June 21, 2009

Obsessive...

This morning at 6.30 when the cat jumped on my head to wake me up, I thought robot stamps! I must get started... (Was it going to rain? AGAIN? washing in or OUT?) I dozed a bit longer. Mr R junior needed to draw a 80cm figure for the school penguin project .. Miss R had a big hole in her sneakers.. BUT oh yes! after sorting all that out.. nothing was going to stop me from carving that delicious white rubber into robot stamps!
If you use a 'sharpie' on the rubber, once you have your design sorted it's a great help for working out what to leave black. I just love the surprise factor in the process, draw it, carve it, stamp it! YAY.

5 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

And how gorgeous they are. The rain! It's driving me batty.

riyo/talktothewind said...

so cute!
you woke so early...
i should learn..!!
i am looking forward to hearing about what you will make out of those stamps!

Tania said...

Excellent stuff. Am only surprised you managed to resist temptation and sort the Mr and Miss R issues of the day first!

Cath from chunkychooky said...

hello, i know what you mean- wake up itching to get the idea onto paper!!!

Anna Lloyd said...

What are you using for the rubber? I have been looking for some Staedler Mastercarve like Gennine Zlatkis uses, but the local art shop cannot order it in. I'm in Sydney too btw.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails