Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas cheer


So, I had planned on wishing you all well ... festive tidings and all...
but then i was overcome by the last day in the office, tidying the house, switching to holiday mode, hoping all the presents were sorted, trying to chat to the ten year old about why he changed his Santa wish list 2 weeks out (his suggestion was that Santa could 'drop his other gifts to kids in Cambodia').. and WHAT ON EARTH WERE WE EATING FOR CHRISTMAS LUNCH? (which did throw me into a bit of a spin). It's the realisation of the catering baton being passed from grandmother to mother to ME!
Anyway - I hope you all had a lovely few days that were hitch free.. here's how the last few days went:
I managed to whip up some decorations with some fresh flowers and some paper cut outs into butterflies and a garland.. the photo above is from my 2009 calendar... our lovely local butcher let me drop in some pistachio + pumpkin stuffing which he put into some turkey.. we had been putting words into envelopes so we had a game of charades on hand for Christmas afternoon...people dropped in.. baking occured.. the grass had been delivered and was settling in.. so it all went very well, no fuss, no excess..
BUT am quite happy to move onto just having a holiday, now.
Best Wishes for the New Year to you all... may your year be creative and bright!

4 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

I think your decorations look spectacular. Have a lovely holiday.

Dick and Dora said...

Looks and sounds fab Dudley. Now we hope you are motoring through lots of holiday cocktails, to aid the creative process and all. D & D xx

katiecrackernuts said...

Oh goodness, I just read the post on my blog. Yes, a bit too early for all that. You'll need a top up. Thank you. Your blog was one of the first I stumbled across and it's been a real treat. I adore seeing your name pop up in the inbox or on Reader. Ta. You're a gem.

veronica darling said...

Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year!

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails