Monday, June 9, 2008

A long weekend, porridge and two bears


Hello and welcome back. Well actually tis I.
I've been sitting in my chair. Possibly a bit too long. But not the same chair. You see it started with a cup of tea over at Appleheads which was great as I got to cuddle the new baby, eat freshly baked scones AND check out the craft library. Definitely a trifecta. (Again the power of the cyber crafting community - we live close by - but only realized this a few months ago. Amazing). Which then meant that i borrowed cool craft books. Which then meant I had to make something. So here they are: sister bears. Well my sister was visiting with her family - so she got the grey bear. Mine had a slightly wonky leg - but it can be mistaken as skipping?
The middle pic was me coming over all Martha - suddenly remembering the 'small white vessels' i had found at op shops when i was carting them around for kids to draw in my art classes (something i did a while back for a few months).. Today was spent sitting some more, packing up some Dudley to post off, working on my next contribution for mixtape zine then relocating to a cinema seat (with 500 others) to catch Prince Caspian. Okay, but Susan's scowling and endless arrows do get a bit much..

3 comments:

Sherrin said...

I love your bears, especially the one you kept for yourself. :o)

katiecrackernuts said...

They look great. What a neat idea. Does one bear go to your sister's house and the other stay with you. Too good. You can talk to it when you can't find your sister. I like it.

tiel said...

oh you met marianne!! good blogger to meet! not that i've met her, but would like to.

loving all your sewing projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails