Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sew like mama...


Day 2 of the holiday - was always going to be the 'skirt project!' Recently I came across 'Sew what skirts' which is a fabulous book built from the premise that you make up your own pattern based on your measurements. Fantastic eh! Nothing to trace or photocopy. There are 16 different styles which basically incorporate A'line, tiered, wrap around and a layered version. I started with Miss Redheads, figuring that would be a good practise run... On both skirts I put the zip at the back in case i needed to adjust the side seams. Which was a good thought because Miss 10 year old wanted a high waist and I had to adjust my the whole shape at the let's try it on stage... And I don't know what happened with mine - but the initial pattern I drafted would've been perfect for me and my siamese twin...
I had lunch in between the 2 skirts to summon up 'zipper power strength' 'cos having only made 2 skirts before i was freaking out, and had visions of it ruining the whole line of the skirt. Luckily I came across this helpful blog, she has the same book.. and voila - I could breathe again.

1 comment:

katiecrackernuts said...

Skirts sound like they should be easy, don't they. These bloody bumps on our bodies though. I always go into stores, look at a skirt, then the price tag, and walk out saying to myself it's ridiculous to ask that. I say, I could do that. I tell myself it's just a few pieces of fabric with straight seams and ... a zipper. And then I walk back into the store and hand over my cold hard cash. The zipper always freaks me out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails