Sunday, April 6, 2008

Old and new


So here we are, the new room! People have asked about sofas - but as I see it - the space is a family room/family home office! Miss Redhead is pretty excited to have a desk next to mama, (she's just sitting at mine here - she doesn't get the imac, no), and Master R knows he can visit. (We are planning on perhaps 2 custom made benches along that wall, not as wide as the tables that are there). Last week as we were preparing for the switcheroo of our interior space it also coincided with council clean up. So from the pavement we dragged in the dining table (just visible here) and an olive green vinyl swivel chair - that Miss R is sitting on. THEN...
Have you ever woken up feeling lucky in an op-shop kinda way? Like you can feel the force... so yesterday I did (feel the force) and the chest of drawers was mine for $50! But how excellent is its' possibility - all Dudley's stuff nicely cared for and stored safely, stock take at a glance.
So thrilled was I. No time to play this weekend as all that reorganising (plus the kids rooms - always satisfying when you sneak away with bags full of rubbish...) really takes it toll.

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Wow you have so much space now. It's fantastic.

Run * Skip * Jump said...

Very swish. So, now that Mr Redhead has time on his hands, is he for hire? Dick & Dora x

katiecrackernuts said...

Hello there. Yes, I guess I count as a Sydney Faraway Brownie. I'm a bit further north, so Crows Nest was a bit too far for a night's crafting. I so get the "feelin' the force". I say that my nose gets a twitch in it. A bit like a Samantha wiggle. I follow it to the op shop it tells me it needs to be at and unearth gold every time. I haven't had it for a bit. My op shops are being mined!

Georgie Love said...

What a beautiful space! I envisage much craftiness to brew!

x
S

Helen Nehill said...

Looks great. Love the radio...

tiel said...

i love this. I'm itching to make some changes to the playroom downstairs. And I am in great need to either have a garage sale or for the council to do a pick up..they are so slack here in Qld. Only once a year or two I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails