Sunday, July 15, 2007

Did you know?

On the previous mentioned 'trip to Canberra' I decided it might be nice to check out their zoo. (Exactly - Canberra does have a zoo). It has fantastic big open spaces an amazing collection of zebras, cheetahs, bears, lions, tigers and monkeys. But I was really taken with the giraffes - to see them with the Australian landscape as a backdrop was quite surreal. Here's some visuals:


So then I found myself painting this (although I 'm not sure if it's what I wanted it to be).
I'll have to look at it again in a week... (the colour isn't this murky).

6 comments:

Linda said...

love the giraffe. perfect

Claire Falkingham said...

Hi, love your blog! Cute giraffe is this part of an Alphabet book?

Heather Moore said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog. I'm so taken with all the Aussie bloggers I've been discovering lately - you really are quite a crowd, aren't you?
Love your felt fridge magnets, btw.
Cheers
Heather

Dudley Redhead said...

I have got the letter 'p' underway for my next alphabet picture - but couldn't match Ayumi (Apak's) AMAZING Alphabet book - check this out http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6395570

Claire Falkingham said...

Just wanted to thank you for the link to apak on etsy - I liked that little book so much that I've bought one (there was on 2 left!)

dizzyjadey said...

Don't think your giraffe's murky at all! Anyway the colours always translate badly on the computer screen.

Also, you're definitely in with the PIF swap. Thanks for signing up! Don't forget to copy-and-paste the pledge into a post on your blog. I'll contact you for your address details when I've made your crafty (or arty) present.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails